Finding Treasure

As many of you know by now- I am a rock hound. I am always scavenging and collecting for rocks.

Heart rocks - imparticular. Although- when I go to look for them (the heart rocks, that is) I never seem to find them. When I am not looking for them is when they appear.

As is the case with this. Not just the coolest rock I have ever found. Not just the coolest heart rock I have ever found (or maybe it found me..) but the end all of end all- coolest thing I have ever found. period.

Combing the lake shores one afternoon- not paying particular attention to anything. Lost completely in thought. Was it the intense love of my surroundings? The momentary pause on a particular individual, of whom I tend to get lost in at times? The complete feeling of peace? I don't know what Karmic occurrence lined up for me to be on that beach at that moment, for the wave to crash and for me to look down at the precise second for this to appear in the waters at my feet - but I'm very glad that they did. I found the treasure. Thank you. I am listening.









7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is AMAZING beyond words!! so wonderful and beautiful and tremendously cool! i have always looked for heart rocks too, i think i told you, and i've never found any.... still. my husband has found me three. but his, my dear, is the BEST, most amazing heart rock on the planet! this is crazy cool... and the universe made it just for YOU!

on other fronts, we are having severe heat warnings here (it's cooled down to 100 now, at 11 PM -- and most people here don't have AC 'cause it's typically 80 max). so, i'm dying and running away from the computer as this room is hotter inside than it is outside at night... but i couldn't resist coming to check this AMAZING find out! wowz!!!

Kerin said...

It surely must have been all of those things that brought you and this embodiment of a very special message together.

We ask in anticipation and in the spaces in between-- where there is room for them-- they do appear.

Thanks for sharing this made my day definitely!!!

Unknown said...

Oh girlie....

That one is awesome...am going to take pictures of my heart rocks...Love it..because you have a big heart and good soul..oops said that outloud...yep I did...

Missed ya...I see you posted more than once this month...oh ya social butterfly...

xoxoxoxoxo S

Melissa ;-) said...

Definitely cosmic! Don't you love those moments?

cinnibonbon said...

ummm...oh the stars were aligned just for you girl!!!
That's about the coolest rock I've ever seen--oh wait--that's a lie--diamonds are rocks too!! hehe

Take it easy

Kristal said...

That is an incredible find. My son recently found a barbecue potatoes chip shaped like a heart. Of course, I want to save it and took pictures. But then Hubby plopped a grocery bag on the counter and pulverized said heart chip. **sigh** Men...

Anonymous said...

i'm sure missin' you, lady!! how have you been!?