ramblings and sun block


A rhyme and rhythm to everything.
Now I know there are people out there freaking out about this- that somewhere in history it was foretold as a sign of impending doom, but I chose to look at it as continuation of the balance of things- A phenominal event that keeps me in the full realization of how small I actually am and how fragile this planet actually is.
So the debate of the day is Natural phenomenon vs. religious predication of destruction.
I don't think it is as simple as right or wrong- how could we actually know? I personally hope that the religious teachings have been misconstrued along the way- for the sole purpose that we have had plenty of doom and gloom already. Why don't prophets ever stand before the masses and tell of good things to come (without any "if you" attachments) No strings, no behavioural modification of some vs. total inhalation of all- I want some to prophesies brilliance, health, happiness and joy. " The coming of the eclipse will signal the end of cancer." period. No conditions for only those that believe and follow; no conditions of giving 60% of your income in order to get in good graces- just because it is the right thing to do. end it. just because it shouldn't exist. Just because one thing should not be allowed to cause so much pain for so many. I'd drink the kool-aid for that one.
but I digress..
I was wondering if there was anyone out there in bloglandia in or around :
" northern Maldives, northern Pakistan and northern India, eastern Nepal, northern Bangladesh, Bhutan, northern Philippines, the northern tip of Myanmar (Burma), central China and the Pacific Ocean, including the Ryukyu Islands, Marshall Islands and Kiribati" that actually witnessed this first hand....
Well, maybe we will be able to catch a glimpse of the penumbral lunar eclipse- scheduled to take place in a sky near you on August 6. This will be number 3 in a series of 4 taking place this ever so interesting year of 2009.
As the great Vincent once reflected, "For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."
Keep your eyes to the sky, and dream on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I predict before the masses that you are my soul sister and I missed you and love you....

Hugs xoxoxoxoxoxoxox Loves
Sonia xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

i'm an hour from the pacific ocean if i drive fairly slow, but not in the right place at the right time to be blessed with such a visual experience this time. grrr. although i couldn't have seen if even if i were awake, i'm told.

oh, and i'm missin' you, traveling lady!