totally plastered

in a good way.
This piece is one of my favorites. plaster over burlap over canvas. crackled, carved and burnished into submission. part of a fossil series i am creating this summer in the studio-

i love working with plaster. it is relatively forgiving, extremely versatile and just loads of fun. The textures and effects you can achieve are endless.

again, plaster over burlap. but this time over wood. acrylic burnished into the plaster and sealed with an archival satin, to promote the overall freso feel of this piece, which i love. an impressionist view of the pond buried in the oak grove beyond the hay fields. one of my favorite places on the farm. 

another impressionist view. This piece is created with deep grooves of molding paste over plaster, on canvas with acrylic.


hope floats. an abstract created in plaster over wood. Acrylic with copper ink.


I told you plaster was versatile. It is one of my favorite mediums to work with as it allows me to use it to what ever end the muse subscribes for the day. and you probably thought it was just for walls! :O)

all of these pieces will be available for sale in the next few days over at the shop.  If you are interested in aquiring a piece before they list, you can just drop me an inquiry via email  (see contact above) and i can send you the sizing and pricing on each.

it is turning out to be a fabulous day here in the north country. Trying to balance studio time and farm time is getting a bit tricky. when i am one place i want to be in the other. I am trying desperatly to learn how to schedule and also self control. so, to that end- enough fun time in the studio now. its back to the plow.

I hope you are enjoying your day.

until then,
live well.
make it brilliant.

3 comments:

Heartwideopen said...

Your art pieces are lovely!!! Texture and color really speak to my soul. I just started to play around with plaster and acrylics. I'm still a newbie at it and your art is SUCH an inspiration!
HuGGs!
Debi

Whisperings 13 said...

Thank you for the kind words Debi, such a sweet comment to find!
I am glad you enjoy them and I hope they do inspire you to dig right in to the sloppy, messy heaven that plaster is!
have fun!
cheers!
tracey jean

di from di-did-it said...

You are a master with plaster.... I love what you're able to create with it. Bet these sell out quickly for you. The landscape piece with the trees is my fav.