There is Always an Exception to every Rule

Those of you who know me, know that I am usually marked as a "no tag" zone. Not that I don't appreciate the sentiments- I do.. very much! I just have not mastered time yet - and never seem to have enough of it. But in this instance, I am going to make an exception. Mainly because of the person who has bestowed this honor on me.
She is an amazing person, an talented artist and a kindred spirit of sorts. She hails from my birth state, which automatically makes her a GREAT person (lol. Yeah Texas!) and our similarities are uncanny (even she doesn't know this one - but we actually look somewhat alike!) Beyond all of that, she is a wonder when it comes to supporting fellow artists. Always there to lend an encouraging comment and always with a great big smile! So many, many thanks to Sonia over at the Dark Ravens Nest!! Not just for the award Sonia, though it is lovely- but for all of your support through out the year and for just being you!

Of note: Sonia has started a new "ritual", as it were - Sonia will be showcasing "new" artists every Thursday on her blog. "New" meaning artists that she has sought out, tripped across or in someway have caught her eye in her travels in Bloglandia- all in the promotion and love of the arts and fellow artists. I have to say... Sonia Rocks!

If you haven't been to The Dark Ravens Nest make sure you check it out- http://darkravensnest.blogspot.com/
and with that: here we go::
Seven of my favorite things (in no particular order):

1) My little stone cottage beneath the tall trees;

2) My son- who makes me laugh every day;

3) Conversations with my Pop- who keeps me grounded and focused and supplies endless encouragement;

4) My studio- An "up cycled" delivery truck with a huge open porch, where I can hear the babbling of the stream below;

5) Possibilities and opportunities- and the amazement I have in the amount that are presented to me on a daily basis;

6) That moment the Seasons change; when you step outside and feel the sun on your face and smell the earth thawing, and you can't help but smile because you know what wonders are about to happen;

7) Unexpected encounters- with people, with things, with life.

Now - I am going to break protocol here (like you expected less? I have never met a rule I didn't feel the need to break! :o) )- And as such, I am refusing to list seven blogs and/or artists to pass this on to - instead - I hereby pass it to everyone that visits this blog! I could never make up my mind- you are all so creative and inspiring - So Please- Accept this award, check out Sonia's blog, smile as much as you can, pass it on and have a wonderfully creative life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...Thank you...No you Rock...I knew I had a twin somewhere..LOL.....of course that may frighten the HECK out of my mom ( she is getting forgetful so Im able to get away with a few things now LOL)...I miss my Pop (artist and full of Heck)..

I enjoy your website...and love the set up...always the optimist thats me...which irritates the rest of ppl in the world...

Thank you so much for the kind words and rule breaking...you rebel...

Smiles,

Sonia ;)