She is an amazing person, an talented artist and a kindred spirit of sorts. She hails from my birth state, which automatically makes her a GREAT person (lol. Yeah Texas!) and our similarities are uncanny (even she doesn't know this one - but we actually look somewhat alike!) Beyond all of that, she is a wonder when it comes to supporting fellow artists. Always there to lend an encouraging comment and always with a great big smile! So many, many thanks to Sonia over at the Dark Ravens Nest!! Not just for the award Sonia, though it is lovely- but for all of your support through out the year and for just being you!
Of note: Sonia has started a new "ritual", as it were - Sonia will be showcasing "new" artists every Thursday on her blog. "New" meaning artists that she has sought out, tripped across or in someway have caught her eye in her travels in Bloglandia- all in the promotion and love of the arts and fellow artists. I have to say... Sonia Rocks!
If you haven't been to The Dark Ravens Nest make sure you check it out- http://darkravensnest.blogspot.com/
and with that: here we go::
Seven of my favorite things (in no particular order):
1) My little stone cottage beneath the tall trees;
2) My son- who makes me laugh every day;
3) Conversations with my Pop- who keeps me grounded and focused and supplies endless encouragement;
4) My studio- An "up cycled" delivery truck with a huge open porch, where I can hear the babbling of the stream below;
5) Possibilities and opportunities- and the amazement I have in the amount that are presented to me on a daily basis;
6) That moment the Seasons change; when you step outside and feel the sun on your face and smell the earth thawing, and you can't help but smile because you know what wonders are about to happen;
7) Unexpected encounters- with people, with things, with life.
Now - I am going to break protocol here (like you expected less? I have never met a rule I didn't feel the need to break! :o) )- And as such, I am refusing to list seven blogs and/or artists to pass this on to - instead - I hereby pass it to everyone that visits this blog! I could never make up my mind- you are all so creative and inspiring - So Please- Accept this award, check out Sonia's blog, smile as much as you can, pass it on and have a wonderfully creative life!