Off the Starboard Side


This is my window. The view off the starboard side, as the sun begs off to retire from this day and this place.
I am sitting back, gazing at this wonder around me, feeling more and more relaxed; at home in my surroundings, inside my own skin; once again. Finally.
I think back, on all of those years, inside my dull, square, windowless office- and I remember the sign that I had hung over my computer. It said, "At any given moment, you have the power to say- This is not how my story will end". At this very moment, I am relieved that I took those words to heart; that I had the strength and the power to believe, that I took that leap- because this is how my story begins. I am in bliss.

4 comments:

Barbara/myth maker said...

That is just beautiful! More power to you!

di from di-did-it said...

I could not be happier for you! ENJOY!

cinnibonbon said...

Girl You're my hero!!! I so want to stay home, but just can't seem to give up my obssession with buying useless shit. I mean I tried and it lasted all of three days...I just don't have that mad skills (like you) to carry me through.

I love that mantra...I know you will become a happier soul for taking the leap and sticking to your guns. Baby you rock this world and I'm every so thankful that I've gotten the chance to met you!!!!

{Daydreamer} said...

Okay, so I did see this, but I'm pushing 40 (cut me some lack) you know that... or did u forget 2?

Btw, notice I am being a good girl and checking Blogland, like I said I would... right after I bought my new bed ROFLMBO. Come look when u can!